Discover our Next Escapes in Sardinia
We have designed for you one-of-a-kind creative retreats, inspirational journeys and learning escapes. We will push your limits to learn new hands-on skills and dare to experiment. You will be engaged in creative mindfulness experiences and self-growth challenges. You will also be encouraged to embrace slow leaving and immerse yourself in Sardinia's natural beauty. Expect a lot of exciting cooking experiments, real food immersions and fun with others (oh, yes!). We don't want you to escape your world, we want to bring you back home, where you feel authentic and happy.
The Wabisabi Escape - Six days in Gallura
A Creative Thinking & Intuitive Cooking Experience
One of the most enchanting regions of Sardinia, Gallura in the north-east of the island is the ideal setting for an Escape that combines creative self-exploration, healthy eating and cooking, slow living and a bit of adventure.
To host our retreat guests, we have chosen a cozy complex of country houses surrounded by beautiful granite cliffs, just 3 km from the sea. Close to Palau, one of the main villages along the coast, they are located in a lovely area called “Mascaratu” (“hidden” in Sardinian language), totally immersed in nature and silence.
During this six-day Escape you will learn how to leverage on your intuition and passions and use creative thinking to design new solutions to your personal challenges. Through collaborative, hands-on activities you will be encouraged to discover and explore your own strengths and those of other participants.
You will also discover the Sardinian cuisine tradition, which has managed to adapt to change along the centuries while preserving its essence, and you will experience new ways of looking at food, tasting and cooking it by experimenting creatively with it.
As you will learn, the lifestyle of Sardinian people unexpectedly resonates with wabi-sabi, the Japanese idea of beauty which embraces imperfection and values simplicity. During this experience you will enjoy the Sardinian way to wabi-sabi through moments of genuine communality with nature and unique sharing experience with locals.
There will be also plenty of time to explore the most interesting attractions in the region, relax by the pool or on the beach, have fun at the Padel court and/or practice the outdoor activites you love.
Lea Su tempus cum témpera. (Use your Time Wisely, Sardinian Proverb).
What we have designed for you
- Creative Thinking and Intuitive Cooking immersive workshop
- Dedicated accommodation at Mascaratu country houses
- Daily homemade organic breakfast and brunch (all natural local products – we can provide veggie, vegan and gluten-free options)
- Social eating nights (including a dinner with a local guest cook, a home-made Sardinian pizza night and dining out evenings at selected farmhouses/restaurants)
- Facilitated exploration of the surroundings (we provide a private shuttle transfers with personal driver and guide for all our excursions)
- Food/wine guided discovery experience at a local shop/market/winer
- Time to relax by the pool
- Fun at the Padel court
- Transfer from/to Olbia Airport with your personal English-speaking driver and guide
Extras (customizable services upon request):
- Dedicated leisure activities proposals (outdoor and action sports, yoga, meditation) offered by our local partners
- Retreat extension option
- Holiday extension customized option, including a tour of Sardinia and/or other destination in Italy (in collaboration with our partners)
- One-to-one coaching sessions/consultancy/training in Design Thinking, Intuitive Cooking and Modern Macrobiotics.
The Workshop – Creative Thinking and Intuitive Cooking
What does it take to be creative in the kitchen?
How can I recognize “healthy” food, can I trust my intuition?
Can I cook tasty food without following any recipe? What about if I am not a “creative” type?
Cooking is the perfect field laboratory in which to learn how to unlock our creative potential. Being creative at cooking, as well as at any other activities, is not just about having wild ideas: it requires that we develop a research attitude, free up our imagination and develop a prototype mindset. Understand, observe and explore, imagine and build: anyone can successfully apply this process to any sort of challenge.
During this immersive workshop facilitated by Barbara Demuru and Maria Serra, co-founders of Sardinia Escapes, you will learn how to apply creative thinking to food preparation as well to any other aspect of your life.
Expect to be engaged daily in very hands-on activities where you’ll collaborate together, using a plethora of visual tools and, of course, a lot of food!
All you need to bring with you is curiosity and the desire to challenge yourself and be challenged by others. While visualizing ideas and making things with your own hands, we will learn together how to cope with the “unfinished” and even transform failure into a discovery experience.
Please send us an email at email@example.com or use the form below to get in touch with us and reserve your place. We will be happy to give you more information about this Escape, including costs and program details. Places are limited to 10/12 people.